Wood-Fired Saunas for Sale in
MN, WI, & MI.
or call Owen @ 218-390-4586
or mail Christensen Saunas, 5258 Summers Rd, Duluth, MN 55803
Congratulations, you found us! We are the Christensen family. We are really proud of what we have done, what we do, and are very excited about where we are going. We have found our niche in solidly built insulated wood fired saunas. Built in our shop in Duluth, MN and delivered directly to your site.
This is what you need to hear!
Please don't buy an uninsulated sauna because you may not be happy in the long run.
How much work are you willing to do to take a sauna?
With our saunas you only need one good fire up for an hour or more sauna.
Why? we have heavy insulation, huge rock mass, and an outside feed stove.
Because of this our saunas work the best.
If you put your hard earned money into less , you may never get one of ours.
DO THIS RIGHT!
First off I'm not always at our shop, so please call before you stop by. I'd love to show you our saunas, but sometimes we are out on a delivery, so call 218-390-4586.
Let's chat about your new sauna. just E-mail us, email@example.com,
or call 218-390-4586. We can help with snow removal for your new sauna.
At the risk of boring the average reader here, I'll go into the whole philosophy of Christensen Saunas. We first build a solid frame structure that has a good roof and will set on treated skids. By building sheds , screen houses, cabins, and saunas this way for fifty years, we know that this is the only way to keep a small building in good shape. Frost heaving will damage almost all foundations when not heated continuous during the coldest months. A very stiff building can float on top the ground and keep in good condition though the season. Concrete slabs can break and posts can heave, even a home basement will get damaged if not heated. Our building are built to be stiff, all corner connections are overlapped or notched together. All boards are full length from end to end, no joints even behind the partitions, both the walls and the ceiling. The heat from our Blueberry stove is great. With the heavy steel and round firebox, the wrap around of rock mass adds long lasting steam while reducing heat loss outwards to the walls, safer. A outside feed stove saves the oxygen inside for you, and keep your sauna cleaner. Thick insulation holds the heat as well and greatly reduces the wood used wood used. The cedar decking floor and all benches have tiny gaps to allow all the water to drain on through to the ground below. All framing below is treated wood. The wood floor also feels warmer on the feet than concrete, and drains will not freeze. We take all this and finish it with premium western red cedar and add all the good stuff like dry stacked stonework, ceramic tile under the stove, shelves, hooks, candle window , homemade door with window, sauna sign, finished overhangs and cedar deck, you have the whole package of the best sauna you can buy.
four piece backrest / pillow set
* All our saunas have the best cedar interiors, with cedar benches, shelves and vaulted cedar ceilings.
* All are well insulated with vapor barriers, shingled roofs and cedar decking floors that drain on thru into the ground below.
* All have premium cedar paneling. And now they come standard with our outside feed Blueberry stoves and cement board heat shielding.
* All have our homemade wood door with window and locking latch. All of our doors open outwards for safety.
* All set on treated skids to allow air movement under them.
* All have heavy framing 2x4 walls and 2x6 rafters and floor joists.
* So even our basic sauna is still first class.
* Even the best carpenters will notice the lack of any joints in the paneling or siding , or how the V grooves line up in the corners.
* I think it can be said that in the lifetime of these saunas , we are by far the best buy available, because we are building for the only sauna you or maybe even you kids will ever need.